Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Put myself in a 'Volcanic Eruption'

It was 1 in the morning. The stars were bright and the moon was shining.

Until I felt a light breeze, then I heard a big "BOOM!" my eyes opened wide. I could feel the the ground shaking, I looked outside and saw lava flowing down from Rangitoto.

Everyone was screaming - we could feel a mixed bag of emotions. Ash was pouring down and destroyed my family's house. We rushed to the car crying as we saw dead people.
we drove
out of the city nearly burning to death.
We were so glad to make it out alive.
I hope we are never near a volcanic eruption again!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bobbi Grace,
    I agreee with you. I think it would be real scarey if Rangitoto blew up again. Imagine what it must have been like for the Maori people sailing in the harbour in their waka!
    Good work Bobbi-Grace.
    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete