Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

rugby training

Last week when all of the rugby girls gathered on our main field for our training. Unfortunately I had forgotten my training clothes. The exciting thing was that we were going to find out who was in the sevens team. Crossing my fingers I finally heard my name I was so happy!

It was time to start our training Bobbi and Miss Lagitupu(our coach’s) split us into two groups which were forwards and backs. The main part of rugby we are focusing on is tackling and quick passing. The technique we are learning for tackling is check to check.My favourite part of rugby is tackling and getting the ball.

It was the exciting part of our training we got to play a game. Unfortanetly the other team scored and easy try and then another. Our team started to get really frustrated. It was our turn with the ball we passed it down the line and it finally got to me. I started to run and when I was nearly at the try line when I got tackled. The other team got the ball at other people in my team started to really get in to tackling.

It was time to finish up I was so exhausted. Our team lost 0-3 but hopefully next time will be different. I cant wait until our next game.

1 comment:

  1. Well done making the team. I'm looking forward to seeing some footage posted soon.
    Mrs Nua

    ReplyDelete